The LCO’s Defamation in the Internet Age project is in the news. In a recent Lawyer’s Weekly article, project head Sue Gratton described the intention of the project to re-examine the balance between the values underlying defamation law – protection of reputation and the Charter right to freedom of expression – in light of social and technological developments over the past 35 years. Advisory Group member Daniel Burnett identified some key issues in the project including the issue of intermediary liability for defamatory content uploaded by others and the possibility of introducing a serious harm requirement as has been adopted in the United Kingdom. To read the article click here.
- La CDO publie un document de consultation sur le droit de la diffamation à l’ère d’internet
- LCO Releases Consultation Paper on Defamation Law in the Internet Age
- Liaison en ligne: Automne-Hiver 2017
- Liaison Online: Fall/Winter 2017
- Le projet sur les derniers moments de la vie se rendra à la région de Niagara