The LCO’s Defamation in the Internet Age project is in the news. In a recent Lawyer’s Weekly article, project head Sue Gratton described the intention of the project to re-examine the balance between the values underlying defamation law – protection of reputation and the Charter right to freedom of expression – in light of social and technological developments over the past 35 years. Advisory Group member Daniel Burnett identified some key issues in the project including the issue of intermediary liability for defamatory content uploaded by others and the possibility of introducing a serious harm requirement as has been adopted in the United Kingdom. To read the article click here.
- Opportunité d’emploi: la LCO recrute un avocat de recherche à temps plein
- Employment opportunity: The LCO is seeking a full-time research lawyer
- Le plan stratégique de la CDO est approuvé et son mandat est une fois de plus renouvelé
- LCO receives approval for Strategic Plan and is renewed for a third term
- Le gouvernement provincial reconnaît le travail de la CDO dans les changements proposés aux lois sur l’emploi et les relations de travail de l’Ontario