The Law Commission of Ontario is pleased to welcome the following new Board of Governors members:
• Mary Condon, Osgoode Hall Law School’s appointee and interim dean
• Court of Appeal judge Michal Fairburn, the Board’s new judiciary representative
• Irwin Glasberg, assistant deputy attorney general for the policy, agency and tribunal relations division at the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General.
• Members-at-large Linda Cardinal, the research chair in Francophone studies and public policy at the University of Ottawa; Elizabeth Grace, a partner at Lerners LLP, specializing in civil litigation and administrative law; and Rakuten Kobo president and CEO, Michael Tamblyn.
Farewell and thank you to:
• Justice Harry LaForme, who retired from the Ontario Court of Appeal bench and LCO’s Board of Governors in October
• Mark Berlin and Maria Paez Victor, who each completed two terms as at-large Board members
• Lorne Sossin, former dean of Osgoode Hall Law School, who left the board at the end of April.
Two new staff members have also joined the LCO team:
• Susie Lindsay started her term as LCO counsel in November.
• Maricela Villalta Morales joined the LCO in October as the Project and Web Coordinator.
Thank you to two key contributors to the LCO’s Class Actions project:
• Fran Carnerie, LCO Ministry of the Attorney General Counsel-in-Residence since July 2015. Fran retired from the Ontario Public Service in July 2018.
• Amita Vulimiri, LCO counsel, who completed her LCO term in October 2018.
Congratulations to LCO Executive Officer Laura Caruso. Laura and her family welcomed daughter Emma in November. Laura will be on leave until January 2020.