The LCO encourages comments about and submissions based on this Background Paper and accompanying Consultation Paper with the objective of better understanding the reality of precarious work and the situation of vulnerable workers and of developing responses to difficulties that exist. Responses may be in relation to labour and employment legislation and practices or other areas affecting the lives of vulnerable workers.
Additional steps to be completed in this project are as follows:
· Creation of a project advisory group;
· Pro-active consultation of relevant and interested stakeholders;
· Commissioning of research papers;
· Preparation of an interim report with recommendations, disseminated for feedback; and
· Preparation of the final report with recommendations, informed by the previous steps, and subject to approval by the LCO Board of Governors.
You can mail, fax, or e-mail your comments by April 1, 2011 to:
Law Commission of Ontario
276 York Lanes, York University
4700 Keele Street
Toronto, ON, Canada, M3J 1P3
Fax: (416) 650-8418
You may also post comments online.
Those who wish to participate in the consultation process other than by written submission should contact the LCO:
TTY: (416) 650-8082
Toll Free: 1 (866) 950-8406
Toll Free TTY: 1 (877) 650-8082
We will be pleased to discuss the most appropriate way to engage you in the consultation process.
|First Page||Last Page|
|Table of Contents|